Requirements for Greece
Visa is Required by all except the following:
Note: The above list is subject to change at short notice;
please check with the Consulate or Consular section at Embassy before traveling.
- Nationals of EU countries, Australia, Canada, Japan and US for a
period of up to 3 months;
- Nationals of Andorra, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus,
Czech Republic, Ecuador, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Korea (Rep.
of), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco,
New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, St Kitts &
Nevis, San Marino, Slovak Republic, Switzerland and Vatican City for
a period of up to 3 months;
- Nationals of Brazil, El Salvador and Uruguay for a period of up to
- Nationals of Singapore for a period of up to 2 weeks;
- Those continuing their journey to a third country within 48 hours
provided holding tickets with reserved seats and other documents for
their onward journey except: Nationals of Angola, Bangladesh, Congo
(Rep. of), Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan,
Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria and Turkey who always need a visa,
even if transiting by the same aircraft.
Passport valid for 6 months required by
Required documents for visa:
- EU nationals with a valid national ID card and with sufficient funds
for their length of stay;
- Nationals of Monaco and Switzerland with valid national ID cards.
Applications in person only:
Time required to issue visa:
- Completed application form with stamped, self-addressed envelope.
(b) Proof of sufficient funds to cover stay.
- Fee (payable in cash only).
- Passport valid for at least 6 months with blank pages to affix visa.
- 1 passport-size photo.
- Return or onward ticket or proof of booking/itinerary from travel
agent. (g) Proof of reason for visit; a letter of reference from employer
and letter of invitation from Greek company for business trips; a letter
from school for school trip. If self-employed, a letter from a solicitor
or an accountant.
- Proof of travel insurance.
Costs of visa: A uniform type
of visa, the Schengen visa is issued for tourist, business and private visits.
There are 3 types of Schengen visa: Short-stay, Transit and Airport Transit.
- personal applications: 3 weeks
- postal applications: 1 month
Note: Spouses and children of EU nationals (providing spouse's
passport and the original marriage certificate is produced), and nationals
of some other countries, receive their visas free of charge (enquire at
Embassy for details).
Validity of visa:
Visas can not be extended and a new application must be made each time.
- Short-stay (single- and multiple-entry): valid for 6 months from date
of issue for stays of maximum 90 days per entry.
- Transit (single- and multiple-entry): valid for a maximum of 5 days per
entry, including the day of arrival.
Comment: Travellers visiting just one Schengen country
should apply to the Consulate of that country; travellers visiting more
than one Schengen country should apply to the Consulate of the country chosen
as the main destination or the country they will enter first (if they have
no main destination).
FOR DETAILED INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
THE NEAREST GREEK EMBASSY